Does Saree look Good on All Women?
By: Deepa Roy
No! Some Women Don't Look Good in SareeThere are many people out there who think that saree is not fit for all body types. It only suits curvaceous women. Those who have a square body type with long and straight torsos or those who are overweight, do not look good in saree. As far as western and even other Indian dresses are concerned, they can be made in such a way that enhances one's figure by hiding the body flaws. But this can not be done with a saree. Also, saree's silhouette is very limiting as is its length. It can not be modified to emphasize or hide body flaws. For them, saree is like a uniform with same length, drape and silhouette.
Yes! Saree is for All WomenThose who support saree as a universal clothing for Indian women say- nothing is hotter than a saree. Women, especially, the celebrities who, nowadays, mostly wear gowns or other western outfits at public events think that a size zero figure can not be flaunted in saree. Others who hesitate from wearing a saree mostly include those who are overweight or who do not find it comfortable as their daily wear. However, it all depends upon the proper selection of sarees according to one's body type and the way a saree is draped. That is also the case with other clothings- be it Indian or western. How else can we explain the growing supply of plus size clothing that are made to accentuate the figure of larger women? A saree can also be worn in ways that can enhance or hide the flaws of one's body. With the innovations in the field of blouses -backless, halter, tube, full-sleeves, V-neck- sarees can also be made to look good on women of any body type. As far as uniformity of saree is concerned, no one has stopped from experimenting with saree. Innovations in fashion industry like 'chhotu sarees' designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee is the answer to it and also to those who don't wear saree due to its being uncomfortable for its length.
The ConclusionAfter going through the views- for and against- it seems that saree too, is like any other outfit that can accentuate or kill the personality of the wearer. If chosen and worn carefully along with the right accessories, saree can look good on all women. To know how you can do this, read What Saree to Wear For Your Body Type?
About the Author
Deepa Roy recommends reading more about Indian women clothing at http://www.indianwomenclothing.com/, the comprehensive directory of Indian women clothing companies and also a great resource for those who love to gather knowledge about Indian sarees, salwar kameez, lehnga and other Indian dresses. It contains useful tips and information about clothing and fashion.
(ArticlesBase SC #1315735)
Does Saree look Good on All Women?
Looking for Wholesale Women Fashion Wear & Accessories Suppliers?Allow us to help you find the right suppliers to match your product interests.
- »5 Trendy Handbags That Can Add More Style to Your Look
- » 5 Hot Summer Fashion Trends to Don for a Fashionista Look
- » What's Making Buzz in the Dresses Section?
- » Male Celebrities Join New Hip Hop Trend - Wearing Women's Clothes
- » How to Make Nail Art Designs- Guide for Beginners!
- » Hair Straightener Products and Types of Hair Straightening
- » What to Wear with Tunics for Women?
- » What to Wear with a Corset Top?
- » What Kind of Tops to Wear with Skirts?
- » Eye Makeup for Different Eye Colors
- » What Hair Cosmetics Ingredients are Harmful?
- » How to Apply Cosmetics?
- » Styles of Messy Hair Buns
- » Ladies Anklets Designs!
- » What Should Guests Wear to Summer Wedding?
- » Costume Fashion Jewelry- Photo Collection
- » Latest Fashion Rings Trends!
- » Women Fashion Clothing- Photo Gallery
- » Paris Fashion Week Spring Summer 2011
- » Stylish Women Winter Coats
- » Women Winter Fashion